Flat in Barcelona, Pau Claris 76Reference: 1327
Builded surface: 117 m2
Land surface: m2
Elevator, Equiped kitchen
Quanima Real Estate offers this house a few meters from Plaça Urquinaona and very close to Plaça Catalunya and Passeig de Gràcia.
It is a house located in a building from 1900 completely renovated and very well preserved.
It has a hall, three medium-sized rooms (two facing south with a small balcony and one facing north), two bathrooms (one of them chemical) and a spacious kitchen.
The property has the typical characteristics of the farms of the 1900 with hydraulic floors and “Catalan volta” on its roof.
In each part of the apartment there is air conditioning and gas heating.
The Cerdà Plan was approved in 1859 and, a year later, Queen Elizabeth II laid the first stone of what would be one of the wealthy neighborhoods of Barcelona. The first group of houses was built at the current intersection of the streets of Consell de Cent and Roger de Llúria. The Dreta de l’Eixample initially hosted some important industries, such as the Elizalde factory, one of the first in Spain to manufacture cars and engines.
However, little by little it became the neighborhood where the bourgeois residences were preferably located, with the artistic explosion of modernism represented by such outstanding buildings as La Pedrera, Casa Batlló and Casa Ametller, among many others.
Along with residences, tertiary economic activity was increasingly localized, and it was often displaced: commerce, offices, company headquarters, cinemas, theaters, etc., especially in the most central area (between Llúria and Balmes) and around the powerful axis of Passeig de Gràcia, which followed the old path that connected the walled city with the municipality of Gràcia. Today, this axis remains the center of the economic dynamism and commercial projection of the city.
In 1863 the first train left from Plaça de Catalunya to Sarrià, which ran on Carrer de Balmes in the open air. Between 1871 and 1888 the current parish of La Concepció was moved from Ciutat Vella, and the Conservatory of Music was installed at the headquarters of Carrer del Bruc in 1928.
In the second half of the 19th century, the amusement parks, cafes and dance halls of Passeig de Gràcia disappeared, which had their golden age at the beginning of the century.
It should be noted that the Plaza de Catalunya was not foreseen in the Cerdà Plan. This “forgetfulness” was corrected by the force of the facts: its position as a hinge between the old city and the new one naturally established it as the nerve center of the city; the passing of the years has only strengthened it.
Do not miss this opportunity.